The Tasmanian Association of Vocational Rehabilitation Providers Incorporated (TAVRP Inc) is the peak body representing professional Occupational Rehabilitation Providers in Tasmania. Formed in 1988, TAVRP Inc has played an active role in the development and implementation of Occupational Rehabilitation Services throughout Tasmania. TAVRP Inc is committed to the ongoing professional development of its membership and the continual improvement of performance standards in the field of Occupational Rehabilitation.
What Is Occupational Rehabilitation?
Occupational Rehabilitation is a managed process involving early intervention with appropriate, adequate and timely services, based on assessed needs, and which is aimed at maintaining injured or ill employees in, or returning them to, suitable employment, involving, but not limited to, the following services:
- Initial rehabilitation assessment
- Assessment of the functional capacity
- Workplace assessment
- Job analysis
- Advice concerning job modification
- Adjustment to disability counselling
- Vocational assessment and counselling
- Advice or assistance in relation to job seeking and job placement
- Advice or assistance with vocational re-education or retraining
- Case and Caseload Management
- Return to work planning and monitoring
- Related training and education
Who provides Occupational Rehabilitation services?
Occupational Rehabilitation Providers are professionally qualified people drawn from a range of allied health backgrounds such as Occupational Therapy, Rehabilitation Counselling, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Exercise Physiology, Medicine or other professions approved by the Association.
These services are provided under the legislations of Worksafe Tasmania, Comcare Australia and Motor Accidents Insurance Board of Tasmania (MAIB).
Tasmanian Association of Vocational Rehabilitation Providers 2014.